Cooler temps have you dreaming of a warm cup of soup? Find the soup of your dreams with such a wide variety in the Stevens Point Area. with everything from chicken noodles and chicken dumplings to corn chowder and miso soup. In no particular order, here are the best spots in the Stevens Point Area to get a cup of happiness, a.k.a. — soup!Header Photo by @zestbakeryandcoffeehouse
Chicken dumpling is a staple when it comes to soup. Whenever you need something warm to soothe the soul, this soup is the way to go.
- South Point Restaurant: This classic diner is open in the early hours of the morning, so you can satisfy your craving around the clock with chicken dumpling soup or chicken noodle.
- Olympia Family Restaurant: Order a cup with one of the classic family-style dishes or get a taste of international cuisine with their Greek or Italian specialties.
- R.D.'s Diner LLC: From cup to gallon, R.D.'s serves it. With chicken dumpling daily as well as a soup of the day, there is always a delicious soup option. We suggest the soup and salad for a light, yet delicious, meal.
- Hilltop Pub and Grill: This pub and grill is the perfect vibe for a nice evening with friends. Complement your meal with a homemade cup of chicken dumpling, or chicken noodle, any day of the week
- Park Ridge Family Restaurant: If you're in the mood for something different, check out this place's rotating soup specials, each available for carry-out in a quart!
- Franny's Family Restaurant: If you're looking for great food at great prices, this family restaurant is the place to be. They serve chicken dumpling daily along with another soup of the day.
- Rock N Roll Café: This 50's-themed diner has such a fun environment to enjoy a cup of soup, it makes the perfect side to any lunch order.
If you're not sure what Phở is, Phở is a Vietnamese soup dish that consists of broth, noodles, herbs, and meat, very similar to soup and very delicious!
- Mama Mai's: This little family-oriented restaurant serves Southeast Asian foods. Their two different types of Phở each come with a choice of 1 to 3 proteins, chicken, pork, or beef, as well as a tofu option. We also recommend getting a Boba tea for the side.
- Chef Chu's: They have many spicy cuisine options, including a hot and sour soup! With many different soup options to choose from, their beef noodle soup has a flavorsome resemblance to Phở and tastes delicious.
- Point Market: This small, family restaurant/Asian market, owned by a Hmong couple, has a wonderfully extensive menu of a variety of Asian Dishes. With many delicious options, including 12 different kinds of Phở, items are made with fresh ingredients from the market.
- PHO EVER 21: You may have tried chicken noodle soup, but have you ever tried phở noodle soup? This place offers a huge variety of phở soup, from beef ball and chicken, to seafood delights, like shrimp and lobster.
We'll leave it to you to decide if this counts as soup. Either way, it's worth a call out!
- Hilltop Pub & Grill: A hot cup of chili that will warm your soul. If you aren't into the chili, they have an abundance of pub classics and family dinner options, you're sure to find something.
- Wicked Willow: Don't underestimate a vegan cup of chili made from locally sourced and organic ingredients. Take it to the next level by creating a loaded chili bowl with all your favorite fixings.
- South Point: Serves a chili soup that you must try! Get it in a bowl, or a cup to accompany one of their many delicious sandwich options.
- The Wooden Chair: Has delicious homemade menu items that will make your taste buds water. This is the perfect place for a cup of chili on a cold day. Or, stop by for breakfast and get some of their famous Belgian waffles.
- Guu's On Main: This main street favorite has homemade chili that is sure to hit the spot with your choice of toppings of cheddar, onions, or sour cream.
- Cozy Kitchen: This quaint and loving diner serves their hearty chili in the sizes cup, bowl, and even crock! We recommend the chili with their grilled ham and cheese deluxe.
- R.D.'s Diner: This classic-style diner serves their chili in a cup, bowl, quart, or gallon so you can enjoy your meal throughout the whole week.
Check out these unexpected finds in the area, for different soups you may not think of.
- Wicked Willow: Specializes in producing fresh and delicious vegan dishes, with organic and local ingredients, and the corn chowder soup is no exception!
- Graffiti's Sports Pub: This local treasure is tasteful by day and festive at night. Be sure to check out their clam chowder, served daily and made fresh to order.
Egg Drop Soup
- Point Market and Vietnamese Restaurant: Their egg drop soup is the perfect appetizer for many of their delicious menu items. Plus, many of their menu items can be made gluten free or vegan too!
- Chef Chu's: A great option for egg drop soup as well as a huge list of other soup options, such as wonton, seafood, and hot & sour.
- Green Tea Noodle & Oriental Cuisine: With so many soup items to choose from, their egg drop is definitely a fan favorite.
- Arbuckles Eatery & Pub: Head downtown for their French Onion Au Gratins soup. Pair a bowl with a salad, wrap, burger, sandwich, pizza, pasta, or fish fry. Then, if you're up for a challenge, check out their famous Marathon of Beers!
- Wissota Chophouse: This fine-dining experience will leave your mouth watering. Their delicious french onion soup is served with gruyere cheese and a side of toast and is offered daily, so you can experience it any day of the week.
- Amber Grill: Connected to the Holiday Inn, this gorgeous restaurant serves some of the best potato soup around, cup or bowl. This soup is a perfect complement to their delicious dinner rolls, and can be enjoyed any day of the week, along with their tasteful atmosphere.
- Grazies: If you ever find yourself at Grazies on a Saturday, their loaded potato soup is one you can't miss. You also can't miss their bread appetizer served with their signature dipping oil - the perfect pairing for your soup!
Found these recommendations helpful and looking for more? Explore the Stevens Point area's best dishes and drinks, from cheese curds and sandwiches to mocktails and bloody marys. We can also point you to the best spots for burgers, mac and cheese, and fish frys! And while you're out trying all this good food, be sure to tag us on Instagram @StevensPointArea or by using #StevensPointArea for a chance to be featured.