Winter in Wisconsin is coming, so gear up with ideas to make the most of the season! From seasonal sips to breathtaking scenic views, bundle up and…
Free Things To Do in the Stevens Point Area
Planning a trip but want to stay on budget? Don't worry, there are plenty of free things to do in the Stevens Point Area. View a gorgeous field of sunflowers, walk through one-of-a-kind sculptures, or watch the stars with a planetarium show. From kid-friendly fun to date night ideas, we've got you covered with free fun ideas.Header photo from @ariellen.gw
For fresh air and scenic views, grab some ideas for free outdoor activities in the Stevens Point Area.
- Performing free family-friendly water ski shows equipped with costumes, music, and announcing, bring a blanket or a chair and relax on the beach for a Central Wisconsin Water Walkers show.
- For a quick walk that mixes both nature and art, visit the Stevens Point Sculpture Park. The park is open year-round where you can go and view works from regional and national artists.
- View public art in plain view with all the vibrant murals scattered around the county. Explore the area's most iconic art pieces including the oldest mural downtown, known as the Polish Chickens.
- In late summer, a farm field in rural Portage County turns into acres of gorgeous sunflowers that are free and open to the public to explore.
- With 5 miles of trails perfect for hiking and biking in the summer and snowshoeing and un-groomed cross-country skiing in the winter, the Schmeeckle Reserve offers 280 acres to explore.
- Let the kids get their energy out with a visit to any one of the fun playgrounds in the Stevens Point Area. One can't-miss spot is the KASH playground which is universally accessible for all children.
Spend time at free events in the Stevens Point area from holiday festivities to kid-friendly fun.
- Live music is always playing in the Stevens Point Area. During the summer find live music in the park with Levitt AMP or check out a local brewery or winery that frequently feature local artists.
- Sit under the stars with a planetarium show on the UW-Stevens Point campus. Shows are free, open to the public, and feature different topics from the beginning of the universe to all things about the moon.
- During the fall, get to know community artists with the Hidden Studios Art Tour. Explore winding roads, quaint communities, and fine art-hidden studios during the peak fall foliage!
- Celebrate the 4th of July in style with Riverfront Rendezvous which spans over three days and features multiple stages of live music, food vendors, fun events, and more.
Whether you're looking for a couple's retreat or a family vacation, find free places to see in the Stevens Point Area.
- Tucked inside the Chemistry Biology Building at UW-Stevens Point, the tropical conservatory has a variety of biomes, water features, a green wall, and hundreds of plants.
- Visit a historical village of buildings from the early days of Portage County, Heritage Park gives insight into the role of the homefront and immigrant communities.
- View a curated collection of community art and changing exhibits at the Riverfront Arts Center down by the Wisconsin River.
- Listen to a story or explore exhibits at the Museum of Natural History on the UW-Stevens Point campus.