New to the area? Never visited? Lived here your whole life but afraid you're missing out? The Stevens Point Area has a variety of places and activities unique to the area that are worth making sure you get a chance to see and participate in. Test your Stevens Point Area knowledge while discovering something new!
1. You've never had full creative freedom while crossing the street.
2. You haven't taken a picture atop the Sand County Bench sculpture in one of the nation's few city-owned, free, year-round sculpture parks.
3. You haven't enjoyed a cold beer or soda from a 160-year-old brewery, or visited one of the other local breweries, distilleries, and wineries part of the Craft Collective.
4. You haven't parked your boat on a sandbar along the Wisconsin River to meet up with friends and family.
5. You haven't hiked or biked part or all of the 27-mile Green Circle Trail.
6. You've never seen the beautiful “E Pluribus Unum” from the first university in Wisconsin to have 100 percent of electricity come from renewable sources.
7. You haven't taken your #GrabTheGlass selfie with one of downtown's most famous murals.
8. You have yet to buy a hand-crafted flower bouquet from one of the vendors at the Stevens Point Farmer's Market, which has been held in the same two square-block marketplace since 1847.
9. Your diet doesn't consist mostly of cheese curds and Friday night fish fries.
10. You haven't camped outside in March for a very large Belt's ice cream cone, or tried one of King Cone's award-winning flavors.
11. You've never been able to exercise your dog, cross country and downhill ski, snowshoe, bike, and disc golf all at one park.
12. You have yet to experience the breath-taking flower hole at SentryWorld.
13. You've never had a famous pie from the longest established restaurant in Stevens Point.
14. You don't realize the power of potatoes and the fun events gathered around them, such as the Tater Toot Car Show.
15. You've never seen history in action at Heritage Park.
16. You've never experienced the fun, creative, and quirky side of the area in the heart of Wisconsin.