Your ideal night out is an upscale meal paired with a symphony concert; however, you’re equally comfortable strolling through a sculpture park and topping off your night with a custom cocktail. Your must-see attractions include art galleries, culinary hot-spots or locations that embrace your zest for hands-on creativity.
- Indulge in a craft beverage at Kozy Yak Brewery and Fresar Winery in Rosholt or visit Central Waters Brewery in Amherst, powered by over 1,000 square feet of solar panels.
- Discover dinosaurs, geology and more at the Museum of Natural History or engage with hands-on exhibits at the Central Wisconsin Children’s Museum.
- Rejuvenate mind, body and soul at the Qi Garden Salt Spa or Wellness Spa.
- Pay your respects at the Korean War Memorial of Wisconsin in Lake Pacawa Park before delving into one of 40 flavors of Wisconsin brews at O’so Brewing Company.
- Tour the Stevens Point Brewery, one of the oldest continuously operated breweries in the nation. Insider tip: after your tour, don’t forget to sample their flavored sodas!
- For a mix of retail and art, visit Gallery Q or plan to attend the annual Hidden Studios Art Tour (hosted each fall) for high-quality pieces from local artists.
- Create your own work of art at Clay Corner Studio or Blue Bead Trading Company. If crafting is more your style, visit Herrschner’s world headquarters to stock up on supplies.
- End the day with a live performance by the Central Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra at the @1800 Theater or catch a show in the Noel Fine Arts Center. Don’t forget to check out the Tomorrow River Concert Series presented at the Jensen Community Center.
- Shop local favorites like Girls In Pearls Boutique, Call It New/Call It Antique, a two-story antique and consignment store or Antiquity Acres, situated on a historic 1893 farmstead in Amherst.
- Drop by Scarabocchio Art Museum, Riverfront Arts Center or Carlsten Art Gallery for the latest exhibit.
- Stop in to Sunset Point Winery, which often offers live music, to relax in hammock-like chairs and sample wine made from traditional grape varietals.
- Top off your day at Great Northern Distilling for craft made spirits and specialty cocktails. Don’t leave without trying the Perfect Storm cocktail, featuring their award-winning Opportunity Rum.
- Launch an outer-space adventure at the Allen Blocher Planetarium on the UW-Stevens Point campus before visiting Locomotive No. 2713, a 100+ year old restored locomotive.
- Stop for a photo op at the Stevens Point Sculpture Park, located off the Green Circle Trail.
- Stroll through the historic downtown Stevens Point district to view murals depicting the region’s rich history.
- Take a self-guided tour along the Polish Heritage Trail or Heritage Park to catch a historic glimpse into the Stevens Point Area.