Visiting for a Sport's Tournament?
Visiting the Stevens Point Area for a sport's tournament and looking for things to do before or after games? We have compiled the guide below with information on things to do, where to eat, and more!
Things To Do
- Bring the whole team or just the family and head to any of the three bowling alleys in the area:
- Tap into your competitive side and try your hand at the indoor mini-golf course at Putt-n-Play as well as their outdoor laser tag field and indoor golf simulation.
- Get your adrenaline pumping by spending some time doing an escape room at Tactical Escape 101 or Breakpoint escape rooms.
- Walk along the half-mile trail of the Stevens Point Sculpture Park admiring the regional and national art while getting out and getting some fresh air.
- Looking for a longer hike? Try the Schmeeckle Reserve as it has around 5 miles of trails that showcase the natural beauty of the area.
- Test your ax-throwing skills at Section 715 Throwing Co. in Plover and at Rivers Edge Campground on Lake Dubay.
- Spend some time in the sun and on the water at the inflatable water parks at Rivers Edge Campground and Oasis Campground (day pass required).
Parks in the Area
Make a splash or play a friendly game of sand volleyball at Iverson Park. This popular park located off of Hwy 66 has a swimming area, different swing sets and a play area, sand volleyball courts, a small grass field baseball diamond, pavilions, and restrooms.
Another popular park in the area is Bukolt Park. Located right on the Wisconsin River, this park has a lighted baseball diamond, a boat ramp and docking area, a picnic area, a swimming beach, and much more!
Just south on the Wisconsin River from Bukolt Park is the Pfiffner Pioneer Park. It offers swimming, a gazebo, fishing areas, as well as a playground.
Across the river from Pfiffner Park is Mead Park. It is a grassy expanse featuring a disc-gold course, playground, and picnic areas.
Spend some time at the 28-acre Goerke Park which is located off of Main Street. The park has two-lighted baseball diamonds, restrooms, two playing fields, and six lighted tennis courts.
Located in Plover, Woyak Park or the Woyak Community Sports Complex, is a 10-acre park with six multi-use diamonds, flag football fields, a skateboard facility, playground equipment and a shelter house/concession stand with restrooms.
Where to Eat
Hungry in the Stevens Point Area? Here are the top food experiences if you're looking to bring the whole team along:
Looking for places that deliver or cater in the Stevens Point Area? Stay in and order from any place below:
- Qdoba - caters and delivers
- Noodles & Co. - caters and delivers
- Fazoli's - caters and delivers
- Any of the multiple sub shops in the area
- Any of the multiple pizza places in the area
Can't get rid of that sweet tooth craving? Check out one of the many ice cream places in the area or grab a sweet treat at any of the places below to satisfy that craving:
Get more tasty suggestions with the Stevens Point Area dining guide.