If you’re looking to catch some live music, there’s plenty of opportunities and variety in the Stevens Point area. Here’s what’s coming up the next week:
- Joy Ike and The Red Tide will perform from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Thursday at The Encore, 1015 Reserve St., on the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point campus. Admission is free with a UW-Stevens Point ID, $5 without.
- Soul Low and BAG-DAD will perform from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Thursday at Point Area Bicycle Service, 1311 Strongs Ave. Doors open at 8:30 p.m., the event is open to all ages. Vinyl records will be played in between bands, so people are encouraged to bring their records.
- Sunset Point Winery, 1201 Water St., will hold an open mic night from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday.
- Jacob Green will perform from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday at the Elbow Room, 1321 2nd St.
- Hammer Entertainment will offer music and karaoke from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Friday at the 2nd Street Pub, 925 2nd St.
- Matt McGrath and Faith Hatch will perform from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday in the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point’s Basement Brewhaus, 1015 Reserve St., as part of the Quit-N-Time Music Series. The event is free to attend. Drink specials, along with free snacks will be available.
- Clinton J. Miller will perform from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Saturday at Sunset Point Winery.
- Bootlegg Hollar will perform from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Saturday at DJ’s Corner Bar & Event Hall, 15810 Portage County F in Bancroft, as part of the Tri-County Snowmobile Club Dance.
- Bobby Amaru of Saliva, along with Michael Strike & the God Damn Band and Catechize, will perform on Saturday at Live on Main, 956 Main St. Doors open at 8 p.m., show is for 21 years old and up. Tickets are $12 in advance and can be purchased at Live on Main, www.ticketfly.com or www.rock947.com.
- The finals of the Voice of Point Karaoke Contest will be held from 11:45 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Saturday at Mak’s Bar, 1236 Portage County HH.
Information from Nate Vine and the Stevens Point Journal. Click here to view the full story. If you have a live music event coming up that you’d like to promote, please contact Nathan Vine at firstname.lastname@example.org and promote your event here.