The calendar has turned to spring, so you know what that means: it’s time to celebrate the arts in Portage County.
April is Arts Month in Portage County, and our event calendar is filled with fun arts-related events and activities. Here’s a closer look at some of the fun things art lovers can see and do in the Stevens Point area this spring.
- The Riverfront Arts Center's annual Peeps exhibit is on display now and can be seen every day (except Easter Sunday) through April 15.
- Tony- and Grammy-award winner Audra McDonald performs at the @1800 Theater on April 8.
- Danstage, the UW-Stevens Point Department of Theater and Dance’s annual performance of faculty and guest choreographers’ works, comes to the Noel Fine Arts Center on April 10-12 and 15-18.
- Central Waters Brewing Company hosts its annual Boomin' Brewery Bash —held in conjunction with the Prairie Chicken Festival —on April 11.
- The Stevens Point Festival of the Arts returns for its 43rd year on April 19.
To find a full list of arts events, visit www.stevenspointarea.com, click on “Events” and search under “Arts & Culture.”
The Stevens Point Area Convention & Visitors Bureau has also launched the Celebrate the Arts Spring Sweepstakes, which will award one grand-prize winner with an arts getaway valued at $500, including a two-night stay in Stevens Point, classes at Clay Corner Studio, merchandise from the members of the Central Wisconsin Craft Collective (Point Brewery, O’so Brewing Company, Central Waters Brewing Company, Kozy Yak Brewery and Great Northern Distilling) and more.