You prioritize a stop for appetizers, a break for craft brews, a visit to restaurants for homegrown flavor and a dessert stop. Destinations with strong connections between agriculture and cuisine take your taste buds to food paradise.
- Coffee fanatic? Try an award-winning cup of Joe in the tasting room at Ruby Coffee Roasters in Nelsonville.
- Grab lunch at Hilltop Pub & Grill, known for their fish fry, a Wisconsin institution, served daily. Or try the “Marathon of Beers” paired with cheesy Italian Fries at Arbuckle’s Eatery & Pub.
- Stop for a sweet treat at Belt’s Soft Serve (order the large cone if you’re up for a challenge), King Cone, known for award-winning flavors.
- End your day at The Landmark tucked in downtown Amherst, which often offers live music.
- Kickstart your day with breakfast at The Wooden Chair or head to Rusty’s Backwater Saloon for the infamous bloody Mary.
- Stroll through the Farmers’ Market on the historic square in downtown Stevens Point. If outdoor conditions aren’t favorable, check out The Market on Strongs, a year-round indoor farmers market.
- Eat lunch with water views at Bullhead’s Bar & Grill, Clear Water Harbor or Tiki Bar on DuBay. Don’t forget to plan a post-lunch stop at Mullin’s Cheese to shop nearly 100 different varieties of cheese.
- Enjoy Wisconsin comfort food with a twist at PJ’s Restaurant at SentryWorld. If Italian cuisine is more your style, eat fresh-from-scratch dishes at Grazies Italian Grill.
- Start with breakfast at Emy J’s for a large selection of locally grown food and fair trade coffee.
- Share a lunch of small plates featuring local products at Father Fats Public House in downtown Stevens Point. For a more relaxed atmosphere, grab a bite to eat at Water Street Grill.
- Tucked into the Stevens Point Area Co-op, don’t overlook Earthcrust Bakery. Besides meeting most electrical needs with solar power, they use local dairy products, eggs, honey and vegetables.
- For dinner, try handmade pizza paired with a handcrafted brew at Kozy Yak Brewery in Rosholt. If you’re looking for pub food and live entertainment, try Rookies Sports Pub.
- Grab a comfy booth at Cozy Kitchen for a classic diner experience (warm pieces of pie included!).
- Get a front seat view from a chef’s perspective at Christian’s Bistro for the ultimate eating experience.
- Discover the classic Wisconsin supper club scene with pre-dinner cocktails at Sky Club, Michele’s, Amber Grill or another local favorite.
- Interested in craft breweries, wineries or a distillery? Tour the Central Wisconsin Craft Collective to get a true taste of the Stevens Point Area. Please drink responsibly and arrange safe transportation.