In This Section
About the Stevens Point Area
Nestled in the center of Wisconsin, at the crossroads of Highway 10 and Interstate 39, learn more about why the Stevens Point Area is a fun place to visit and a wonderful place to live.
Covering more than 800 square miles in Central Wisconsin, most of Portage County is rural offering year-round recreational opportunities, dotted with small communities. When Stevens Point was first founded in 1858, the logging industry and trading posts defined the location. With help from the Wisconsin River, the railroad, and rich soil, the area continued to prosper. Now, the region is home to 27 municipalities with a population of over 70,000.
50 Things to do This Summer
Discover a summer packed with the best can't-miss events, breweries, trails, and more fun while visiting the Stevens Point Area. Check out the best things to do while in the Stevens Point Area with our 50 can't miss list! View More
Can't Miss List
- Get a taste of the area by visiting the Stevens Point Brewery, one of the oldest continually operating breweries in the nation, or one of the other several craft breweries, wineries, or distillery that call the area home and make up the Craft Collective.
- Learn why the SentryWorld Golf Course, ranked as one of Wisconsin’s top courses, is known for its signature Flower hole or what wildlife watching means on the Wisconsin River Golf Course.
- Explore the best views in the county on foot or by bike and follow the Green Circle Trail, a 27-mile trail that circles the city of Stevens Point winding along the Wisconsin River, Little Plover River, and other tributaries.
- Discover the arts and culture scene of the region, from the Stevens Point Sculpture Park, live performances, and diverse art galleries. Don't miss out on all the vibrant murals scattered around the county either!
- Take a journey down a once abandoned railroad bed, by foot, bike, or horseback, where the 18-mile Tomorrow River State Trail brings the county’s history and natural beauty to the forefront.
Looking for More?
Getting Here & Getting Around
Getting to and around the Stevens Point Area is easy! Find resources, including information on how to get here, as well as downloadable maps for the area.
Packages & Deals
Are you looking for a great deal? Check out information on current packages and deals for the Stevens Point Area.
Find plenty to do and see in the Stevens Point Area, from engaging performing arts to sampling beers at local craft breweries.
Stevens Point Area Facts
Learn more about the Stevens Point Area, including some of the region’s facts and figures, including population, accolades, weather and more.
Find relevant information for community services, like banks, realtors, and more in the Stevens Point Area.
Places of Worship
Looking for a place to worship in the area? Find what you're looking for with our available resources.
Visitors Center & Gift Shop
The Stevens Point Area Visitors Center & Gift Shop is a great resource, located in Downtown Stevens Point at 1105 Main Street, Suite A, Stevens Point, Wisconsin.
E-Newsletter Sign Up
Get the inside scoop on the area by signing up for information about the area's events & festivals, arts & culture, sports & recreation, and more.
View our digital visitors guide online or order a copy by mail today to start planning your ideal vacation.
About the SPACVB
Learn more about the SPACVB with who we are and what we mean by the Stevens Point Area.
Read our insider's guides today for inspiration on local cuisine, outdoor recreation spots, tasty sips, and more.