In partnership with the Stevens Point Area Convention and Visitors Bureau, the Central Wisconsin/Stevens Point Area Sports Commission is ready to assist you in planning your next sporting event or tournament in the area. Conveniently located in the middle of Wisconsin, with an abundance of well-maintained sports facilities, the Stevens Point Area is an ideal location to hold your next event.
About the Central Wisconsin/Stevens Point Area Sports Commission The Central Wisconsin/Stevens Point Area Sports Commission is a not-for-profit amateur sports advocacy organization that promotes economic development in Portage County by assisting to identify, pursue and facilitate athletic events. In conjunction with the Stevens Point Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, the sports commission actively does the following:
- Assists local sports organizations in their pursuit of sports events that provides economic benefits to the area.
- Assists in identifying, recruiting and promoting those events and meetings that bring out-of-town visitors to enhance the area economy.
- Promotes Portage County and its assets, as it relates to sports.
- Educates the public on the economic, public relations, health, fitness and recreational value of sports events and activities.
- Provides a sports information center for groups seeking help and advice.
- Advises local organizations of the economic potential for the proposed construction or remodeling of sports facilities.
The Stevens Point Area has some of the best sports venues in Wisconsin. Whether you are looking for venues for baseball to wrestling and everything in between. Find out more about each venue, inside and out, here.
Not sure what facility would suit your needs for an upcoming sporting event or tournament in the Stevens Point Area? Search by amenities to select your best options, below. Need more assistance? Contact us!
» Learn More
The Stevens Point Area Convention & Visitors Bureau is ready to assist in making your sporting event a success. From pre-event planning assistance, including everything from room blocks to registration assistance, we are here to help!
» Learn More
Marshfield Sharks vs. Brown County Blackjacks - 4/26/2014
March to Help Babies - 4/26/2014
St. Paul Scamper 5 K Run/Walk - 4/26/2014
Submit your sports event to have it included.
» See All
The Stevens Point Area has strong youth and amateur sports organizations, that organize and support many of the events and tournaments in the area. Learn more about the local sports organizations that call the Stevens Point area home, here.
The Central Wisconsin/Stevens Point Area Sports Commission is a not-for-profit amateur sports advocacy organization that promotes economic development in Portage County by assisting to identify, pursue and facilitate athletic events. The following businesses financially support the Central Wisconsin/Stevens Point Area Sports Commission. Please patronize these businesses when traveling through the Stevens Point Area.